The YMCA-PG&E Teen Center
The YMCA-PG&E Teen Center provides programs and services that teens want and need. With a focus on academic achievement, career preparation, service learning and leadership development, the Teen Center aims to empower high school age youth to develop the life skills and competencies necessary to becoming responsible community members.
Our workshop offerings will fluctuate month-to-month, and we're always interested in hearing what workshops YOU would like to see, or help make happen, at the Teen Center.
2111 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Phone: 510 542 2120
Upcoming Events & Workshops
At the Teen Center we recognize that learning is a multi-faceted process that extends far beyond the classroom. To supplement our students' studies, we also provide a variety of workshops, both one-time and continuous, designed to engage their creativity, passion and curiosity in new and exciting ways. For example, Teen Center members can:
- Attend hip-hop dance classes
- Beautify Downtown Berkeley by designing a mural with the Earth Island Institute's 60 Boxes Mural Project
- Expand their knowledge of technology with Berkeley Community Media
- Learn about sports health and safety with the Oakland Children's Hospital
- Recreate their favorite battle scenes in a stage-fighting workshop run by the Berkeley Rep
- Learn the art of spoken word with Youth Speaks
- And more!
Our workshop offerings will fluctuate month-to-month, and we're always interested in hearing what workshops you would like to see or help make happen at the Teen Center.